Manufacturing Requirements – Turnkey and Consigned
In order for PFC to manufacture an assembly, the following items are required:
- Bill of material (BOM), complete with any ECNs
- Gerber files
- Assembly drawing
- Pick and place files
- Test requirements (if applicable)
Bill of Materials (BOM)
A soft copy of the BOM is preferred in MS Excel or PDF format. The BOM shall be a revision-controlled copy that includes the following data:
- Assembly Name
- Assembly Part Number
- Item Numbers
- Customer Part Number (including alternates)
- Part Description
- Manufacturer’s Part Number
- Reference Designators
- Quantity Required
- Surface Mount/Though-Hole/Other.
CONSIGNED MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS
A pick list identifying the following must be sent with the kit:
- Job size
- Components required
- Quantity required
- Quantity sent
- Component identification
All components must be suitably identified with the following:
- Customer work order
- Part number
- Component description
Special handling conditions (i.e. moisture sensitivity, proper sealing, shelf life, etc)
Please ensure that all parts inside ESD bags are also labeled on the reel or strip as well as the bag.
- Must have a 12″ leader (1 foot), the number of required components plus 10% attrition on all SMT items and small packaged types of components.
- All SMT components must be received on tape and reel (in continuous tape) and/or must be in original or replica packages. For example, connectors and fine pitch ICS should arrive in matrix trays of correct part size and type.
- SMT components received in bulk or on spliced reels may be subject to an additional significant material handling quote.
- There are special requirements for components on 8 x 2 mm tape supply – 0201, 0402 and miniature diodes and LEDs. Because of precision mechanism of 8 x 2mm SMT feeders and unique design of 0201 nozzles (very expensive parts), PFC is not accepting spliced and/or leader extended tape supply. Therefore, extra 2″ (600mm or 250-300 parts) of tape with components inside is required to load 8 x 2 mm SMT feeders.
- Axial leaded through-hole components must have 5% attrition and be suitably identified on a reel if sequence is required
- Must have some attrition on low cost items such as hardware and bulk manual parts
- All components must be assigned to a particular work order
NOTE: A kit will be rejected at verification if any of the criteria specified above is not met.
The PFC representative will inform the customer of any problems with the kit to prevent future recurrences and to work with the customer to complete the kit.
Kit return (if applicable)
All components will be returned to the customer upon completion of the last shipment of the finished product.