Every flex circuit plant has different manufacturing rules they can adhere to in order to provide a quality product. On this page we have provided some general rules when laying out your circuit and some downloads for specific dimensions PFC can adhere to.
GENERAL CAD RULES
- Tear drop everything
- No 45 degree angles
- No 90 degree angles – all tracks to be radiused
- Any exposed copper feature should be at least 0.125 mm away from any coverlay opening to avoid exposing copper
- Thermals need to be added wherever solder pads are connected to ground copper to avoid heat transfer during soldering
- All inside and outside corners of the circuit outline should be radiused
- For assemblies do not forget fiducials
Stiffener holes are normally at least .40 mm larger than the thru holes in the flex.