Extensive experience in assembly of flexible & rigid flex circuits
- Full turnkey
- Prototype, low, medium and high volume quantities
- ISO 9001: 2008 & ISO 13485: 2003 certified
- Standards: IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, IPC-HDBK-001
- RoHS and leaded soldering
- Climate controlled environment
- ESD control measures and monitoring
SMT flex circuit assembly
The art of SMT (surface mount technology) flex circuit assembly is summarized in this diagram:
The technology enables assembly within standard capabilities:
- Fine pitch connector of 0.4mm (16mils)
- Passive component 0201 (0603)
- BGA (ball grid array ) of 0.4mm (16mils)
- QFP (quad flat package) / IC / fine pitch (20 mils)
- Top & bottom (double-sided) SMT mounting
- Wide variety of connector types
- Hot bar soldering
- Small run / prototype SMT Assembly
- Typical hand solder temperatures are:
550-580° F (288-305° C) for leaded solder
600-620° F (316-327° C) for lead-free solder
PFC has acquired robotic equipment that allows us to conformal coat flex and flex assemblies. Conformal coating material is a protective layer that is sprayed onto the flex circuit assembly to act as protection against moisture, dust, chemicals, and temperature extremes that, if uncoated (non-protected), could result in damage or failure of the electronics.
Conformal coating material can be applied by various methods. Due to the increasing complexities of the electronic circuits being designed, PFC has the ability to provide selective coating via robot. Different methods of curing / drying are available depending on the conformal coating material.
- Spray coating path accurate to within .015” ( .4 mm )
- Thicknesses of coating variable from 1 mil to 3 mil in a single pass. Thicker with additional passes
- Ability to avoid coating (keep out) without masking.
- Angled spray capability for hard to reach areas.
Please contact PFC to discuss conformal coating.