1. Project schedule
- Prototype schedule, need date?
- Production start date?
- Monthly/annual volumes?
2. Mechanical drawing
- Outline and tooling dimensions provided?
- Stack-up construction defined for this part?
- Any bending area? 3-D drawing?
- Plating finish decided? discussed?
- Standard materials? UL construction required?
- Circuit property requirements defined: Tg, Cu Thickness?
- For designs with keypads, dome, dimple, has contact finish been discussed?
- Have major/critical dimensions been identified?
3. Gerber files
- Circuit patterns
- Coverlay opening
- Stiffener lay up
- Component mounting legend marking with polarities indicated?
- Any special components? e.g. BGA, Flip chip IC, heat bond components?
- Minimum component-to-component spacing? More than 0.2 mm
- Assembly drawing?
- Any plug or “male” connector been used?
- Solder type?
- Any through hole components or hand solder operations required?
– Stiffener to be applied behind the connector?
– Do any via holes/pads fall on the edge of stiffener?
– FR4 stiffener edge away from via pads more than 0.5mm
5. Application issues
Bending area requirement:
- Require single-side construction?
- Any via holes/pads fall on the bending area?
- Require thinner material?
- Any Nickel/Gold plating on the bending area?
6. Product manufacturability
- Shield required? Can silver foil/ paste be used?
- Electro Plating? Hard or soft gold requirements?
- Any hot bar or heat seal process?
- Can the outline be changed to improve panelization?
- Can design be held to one sided SMT?
- Can a single finishing be used?
- ET requirements:
– Has the ET process been discussed with regard to jigs, procedure?
– Functional tester required?
– Any issues with connector testing? Pitch?
– Any Fine pitch components(Less than 0.4 mm)
7. Packaging and Documentation Requirements
- Shipped singular or in mini-panels?
- Any special packaging requirements?
- Any special shipping requirements?